Nonprofit Votes Matter – So vote on Tuesday, November 8th!!!
Then, if you haven’t already, checked the Delaware Office of Management and Budget calendar for the 2018 Budget Hearings and plan to attend and give public comment – limited to two minutes. Here’s the calendar: http://budget.delaware.gov/budget/massmemos/2017/2017-03.pdf
Some Messaging Points:
We the Delaware Revenue Solutions Coalition of the nonprofit sector agree upon the following points:
- The Nonprofit Sector represents over 233,000 Delawareans that work and volunteer at Delaware Nonprofits.
- The Nonprofit Sector, in partnership with state government, provides innovative, efficient, and effective services for all Delawareans.
- Funding for the “Nonprofit Partners” line-item should be included in the Governor’s 2018 Budget.
- No cuts should be made to contracts with Delaware nonprofits for services to Delawareans.
- No more allocations should be added to the “Tobacco-Master Settlement Agreement, diluting remaining resources available for existing service providers.
- Hold Grant-In-Aid level (FY2017 GIA Bill $45.9 Million).
The Nonprofit Forum on October 25th was a resounding success with over 75 nonprofit executives in attendance to engage in lively discussion with the Governor’s Chief of Staff, Drew Fennell, Delaware OMB’s Bert Scoglietti, the State Chamber’s James DeChene, DANA’s Sheila Bravo, The Ability Network of Delaware’s C. Thomas Cook, and United Way of Delaware’s Tyrone Jones…as well as your blogger…John. We heard from OMB’s Bert Scoglietti that with various cost drivers the budget gap will broadly exceed the September DEFAC forecast gap of $167 Million. This is a clarion call for you to mobilize your Board, Volunteers, and Friends to work with our Elected Officials to make the changes in funding that are needed to support the Life-Sustaining and Enriching Services that the Nonprofit Sector provides 24/7/365 to all Delawareans!
DANA and the Delaware Revenue Solutions Coalition will be working on your behalf, but this is the year we need to mobilize all possible resources to get our message out and have our elected government officials and the public understand that we are partners, critical to the successful navigation of our State’s Fiscal Challenges.
Check out the ADVOCACY TOOLKIT here:
Advocacy Tool Kit Cover
2017 Toolkit Part 2
As always, if you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com 302-777-5500.